Newsletter - Banner
Host /Sponsor: The Desjardins Centre for Advanced Training (DCAT) of the RI-MUHC and McGill’s Career Planning Service (CaPs)
Date: Every Tuesday from 9 – 10:30 am, starting September 22 – October 27, 2020.
Peer Career Discovery Groups (Online): Career Exploration for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the life sciences
Why join the Peer Career Discovery Groups (PCDG) Program, Now ONLINE?
The Desjardins Centre for Advanced Training (DCAT) of the RI-MUHC and McGill’s Career Planning Service (CaPs) present 6 web conferences for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the life and health sciences.
During the program you will:
- Learn how to identify careers that suit you
- Plan for your career
- Effectively search for jobs
- Develop and fortify your academic CV
- Build your networking skills, meet fellow trainees and much more!
Every Tuesday from 9 – 10:30 am
Starting September 22 – October 27, 2020.
To benefit fully from the program, we strongly recommend participating in a minimum of four conferences
The Schedule of Topics
Topic 1 (Tuesday. September 22, 2020, 9 – 10:30 am): Introduction to the remote version of PCDG and Introduction to Career Exploration
Topic 2 (Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 9 – 10:30 am): Planning your career using design thinking
Topic 3 (Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 9 – 10:30 am): Discovering your career options
Topic 4 (Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 9 – 10:30 am): Effectively digging deeper into your career matches
Topic 5 (Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 9 – 10:30 am): An introduction to non-academic CVs
Topic 6: (Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 9 – 10:30 am) Mock job interviews
Each web conference will consist of three parts:
- Part 1: Introduction to the topic (10-15 minutes)
- Part 2: Breakout groups with peers (20 - 25 minutes)
- Part 3: Group Discussion, Assignment of exercises at home, and Question period (10 - 15 minutes)
- Participants will also receive the PCDG workbook (PDF)