Women's Health - DOvEE banner
Women's Health - DOvEE
What is the DOvEE Project?
The DOvEE project is a specialized clinical study for early diagnosis of ovarian cancer. Since 2008, eligible women have been invited for specialized medical tests to diagnose ovarian cancer as early as possible. In this way, diagnosis improves the chances of survival and decreases invasive treatments.
What services are offered?
- Access to a team of recognized medical experts who will take good care of you, to rule out ovarian cancer
- Appointments are available quickly and without a referral
- Access to several satellite clinics located throughout greater Montreal
- Professional follow-up after clinical tests
The DOvEE Team
The DOvEE team is composed of recognized healthcare experts. The DOvEE Director, Dr. Lucy Gilbert, is the Chief of Gynecology Oncology at the McGill University Health Centre. Passionate and renowned, Dr. Gilbert and her team have been working since 2008 to find a method to identify the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer in order to diagnose at an early stage. They hope to build awareness of the symptoms of this disease while also improving women's chances of survival.
How to participate in DOvEE
- Are you a woman 50 years or older?
- Have you had one or more of the following symptoms for longer than 2 weeks and less than one year?
- Feeling full quickly (early satiety)
- Abdominal bloating and/or swelling
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal discharge or bleeding
- Frequent need to urinate.
If so, you may be eligible for the DOvEE project. Please visit the website https://www.mcgill.ca/dovee for further information and to complete the online eligibility questionnaire.
- Telephone: 1 (866) 716-3267 or 514-934-1934 ext. 44482
- Email: email@example.com