Business Development Office
The Business Development Office (BDO) at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) assists researchers in finding funding opportunities, identifying and pursuing commercialization opportunities, and creating partnerships.
Business development services
Services offered by the Business Development Office (BDO) include:
- We match research teams with grant opportunities aligned with their science
- We assist with leveraging and obtaining matching funds
Business development and commercialization
- We identify market opportunities for novel technologies
- We facilitate technology transfer and the creation of start-up companies
- We conduct competitive benchmarking analyses
- We work with researchers to acquire proof-of-concept funds
- We secure funding through partnerships with industry, government and non-profits
- We maintain relationships with hospital foundations and other non-traditional funding agencies
These are just a few examples of recent successes in business development at the RI-MUHC.
Bringing a C-diff predictive biomarker kit into clinical practice
The COVID-19 pandemic has focused attention on public health and hospital practices. These practices are important not only for the management of COVID-19, but also for minimizing the impact of other harmful infectious agents, such as Clostridioides difficile...
Precision screening tool for early diagnosis of ovarian and endometrial cancers developed through innovative partnerships
Together, ovarian and endometrial cancers represent the fourth leading cause of cancer-related deaths among Canadian women. Although more than 80% of these patients can be cured if their cancer is detected early, most women are only diagnosed after the cancer...
Bringing an innovative retinal gene therapy to clinic
Imagine a world devoid of colour, a world where the smile of a loved one is indistinguishable from a black abyss. This world is the everyday reality for people suffering from Zellweger spectrum disorder (ZSD). Affecting around 2,000 people worldwide...
New target for cystic fibrosis drug development: Ceramides
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a deadly respiratory disease characterized by thick mucus in the lungs. This mucus becomes colonized by pathogens and initiates a vicious cycle of infection and inflammation. Although no effective therapeutic options for CF exist...
We welcome inquiries about Business Development Office services. Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org