Capture and Optimization of Research Data (CORD) Unit
The Capture and Optimization of Research Data (CORD) unit is an integral component of the Centre for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE).
Our primary objective is to provide comprehensive resources encompassing expertise, technical support, software, and methodological guidelines, to effectively facilitate all data-related operations across the entire study lifecycle.
Our services are designed to complement the offerings of the Biostatistics Consulting Unit (BCU) and the Research Informatics and Information Technology (RI IT) division. By synergizing our expertise, we aim to provide comprehensive support for all aspects of data operations, ensuring optimal research outcomes.
- Review data capture, quality control, cleaning, integration, processing, maintenance, and dissemination plans outlined in grants or protocols, and if necessary, assist in estimating associated costs
- Review data collection tools (CRFs, questionnaires, data dictionaries) and, where relevant, suggest modifications (e.g., improved skip patterns or categories) that could optimize data management and enhance the overall quality of data quality.
- Set up REDCap databases and ensure implementation and testing of the database/data capture material in REDCap.
- REDCap training and REDCap assistance
- Ensure comprehensive data management, including extraction, cleaning, integration, maintenance, and versioning of the database(s).
We encourage RI-MUHC researchers to reach out to us for contact for additional information or to schedule a consultation. We value your inquiries and look forward to assisting you in optimizing your data capture and management processes.
Lovemine Jeannot, MSc
Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC)
Montreal General Hospital (MGH), R3.113
1650 Cedar Avenue
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA H3G 1A4