Store up to 500,000 biospecimens and data in an automated, secure and trackable way
The Biobank is one of the Centre for Translational Biology (CTB) Technology Platforms at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC). Its mission is to support scientists by collecting and providing high-quality, clinically annotated biospecimens to foster scientific excellence, catalyze partnerships and support research that translates scientific discoveries into better patient diagnostics and therapies.
Applications and services
Below are typical services performed in the Biobank Platform:
- Participant recruitment/requests for informed consent
- Sample reception and processing
- Automated and secure biospecimen storage
- Database with clinical annotation and follow-up
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) and quality control/quality assurance (QC/QA) training
- Assistance with regulatory documentation and research ethics board (REB) reports
COMPLETE SERVICES AND INSTRUMENTATION LIST
Contact the Biobank to discuss your research needs. We welcome your inquiries!
Clinical Research Coordinator
icon514-934-1934, ext. 76106
Glen site, E01.5054
Lorenzo Ferri, MD, PhD
icon514-934-1934, ext. 44327
Centre for Translational Biology Technology Platforms
The CTB Technology Platforms provide access to state-of-the-art technologies and instrumentation as well as top-level scientific expertise and training. Watch the video, explore the links below, and prepare to accelerate your research!