Small Animal Imaging Labs, Complete services list
The Small Animal Imaging Labs (SAIL) platform provides the following services:
To use SAIL services, you are encouraged to review the following:
- How to access SAIL services?
- How to transfer animals to SAIL?
- SAIL’s policies and procedures
- SAIL’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- High-resolution structural, functional and molecular in vivo and ex vivo imaging
- Spectroscopy MRS
Nuclear medicine imaging
- Functional and molecular imaging using positron-emitting radiotracers (PET)
- Functional and molecular imaging using gamma-emitting radiotracers (SPECT)
- High-resolution structural 3D imaging (CT)
- Extended assistance
- Gait analysis
- Dedicated housing
- Project design
- Fluorescent slides scanning
- Sleep/wake monitoring
BACK TO SAIL PLATFORM, MAIN PAGE
How to access SAIL services?
- CONTACT: Project requests are first submitted by email (email@example.com) or by telephone
(514-934-1934 ext. 76266).
- FEASIBILITY: SAIL assesses feasibility of the project and provide recommendations on optimal imaging modalities and protocols.
- iLAB: Researchers create an iLab account and submit a formal study request (Animal Imaging Protocol).
- ETHICS: Researchers must provide a valid Animal Use Protocol including imaging procedures, approved by the RI-MUHC FACC, for all in vivo studies.
- ANIMALS: Animals are purchased or transferred according to the flow chart below.
- TRAINING: Except for MRI, PET, SPECT and CT scanners, platform users are trained on relevant instrumentation.
- STUDY BEGINS: Study is scheduled and conducted accordingly.
- IMAGES: Data files are provided to the researchers.
- ANALYSIS: If required, analysis can be performed by SAIL.
How to transfer animals to SAIL?