Simulation Laboratory at the McConnell Centre for Innovative Medicine, RI-MUHC
Dedicated to facilitating simulation-based clinical research projects, the Simulation Laboratory is part of the McConnell Centre for Innovative Medicine at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC). Situated in the main operating room area of the Royal Victoria Hospital at the Glen site of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), the Simulation Laboratory provides equipment and services to help clinical researchers transform existing medical practices, enhance patient safety, improve health outcomes and revolutionize healthcare education.Services available in the Simulation Laboratory include:
- Expert assistance in simulation scenario design, pre- and de-briefing, operational support, data collection and video editing
- Teleconference compatibility
- Video- and photo-editing software
- Simulation case study database for health professionals
- Medical moulage
- 3D printing lab
- More services
- A variety of medical virtual reality simulators, from laparoscopic surgery to endoscopy
- Adult Patient Simulator with advanced capacities plus Blue Phantom models
- Audiovisual data recording with a first-in-Canada, integrated Stryker-CAE audiovisual recording system
- More equipment
Contact us to schedule a tour or to learn more about the Simulation Laboratory and Experimental Operating Room.
About the McConnell Centre for Innovative Medicine
A full range of clinical research services is available in this state-of-the-art environment dedicated to clinical research, including clinical trials management, quality control monitoring, project management of multicentre trials, data management and statistics, and the use of specialized equipment dedicated solely to research. One of the most modern clinical research facilities in North America, the McConnell Centre for Innovative Medicine at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) provides clinicians and clinician scientists with ideal facilities in which to develop and evaluate new treatments for some of the world's most critical diseases. Contact staff for more information about clinical research at the RI-MUHC.